The Food Academy Start Programme
The Food Academy Start Programme is designed for people who are looking to develop and grow small-scale food and drink production businesses. The programme is delivered through workshop style training and one-to-one mentoring sessions and is supported by SuperValu. It is aimed at those in the early stages of developing their Dublin-based food or drink business. Selection criteria will apply.
Invitation to Participate for Programme Starting on 24th February 2017
- We are inviting businesses in Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County to participate in the next running of this programme
- 4 full-day training modules will be delivered over a 5 month period; 24th February 2017, 24th March 2017, 21st April 2017, 24th May 2017
- One Mentoring session will take place after each training module.
- This programme will take place in Finnstown Castle Hotel, Newcastle Road, Lucan, Co. Dublin
- Participation in the programme costs €200 and is inclusive of all course materials, training and mentoring provided.
- Please email your completed Application Form to Mariea Mullally, LEO Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown (firstname.lastname@example.org). Selection Criteria will apply. Call (01) 204 7083 with any queries. Food Academy START 2017 Application Form.
The programme consists of four workshops covering 6 modules
Module 1: Market Background & Understanding Consumers
- Understanding Consumers
- Market Background
- Research and Data
- Marketing Strategy & Segmentation
- Description: Module One will see participants develop an in-depth knowledge of the tools which can be used to assess the market background (target consumers, routes to market) and how to develop an effective marketing strategy for their products.
Module 2: Technical Issues
- Introduction to Finance
- New Product Development
- Food Safety and Food Labelling
- Managing Human Resources
Participants will come to understand the core technical issues facing food and drink business. The module will focus on how to run a business correctly and legally to maintain effective management and growth.
Module 3 & 4: Growing sales
- Branding and Pack Design
- Routes to Market
- Buyer Meetings
- Marketing Plans
- Promoting with Confidence
- Public Relations
These modules will look at further elements of the marketing mix. Participants will gain a good understanding of the different elements of the marketing mix and how the use of better packaging and branding will drive profitable sales.
** Workshop content may vary slightly from that contained above**
In this short video, you will hear from Irish food producers who have completed the Food Academy programme and how it has already helped them to grow their business: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xao2asgr4zw&feature=youtu.be