Is Your Business Eligible for LEO DLR Funding?
Read the Eligibility Criteria for our financial supports.
- A Business Expansion Grant is designed to assist the business in its growth phase after the initial 18 month start-up period.
- Micro enterprises (Limited Companies, Designated Activity Companies, sole traders, co-operatives and partnerships) can apply for a Business Expansion Grant to help them to expand the business after the first 18 months of trading. It may cover a portion of qualifying Salary Costs and/or 50% of qualifying Non-Salary Costs (excluding VAT), subject to a maximum Local Enterprise Office DLR contribution of €80,000. Funding is issued on a part grant, part repayable (0% interest) basis.
Priming Expansion Funding : Qualifying Expenses
Local Enterprise Office DLR will consider the following grant expenditure headings:-
- Salary Costs – for the first year of employment. This money is paid in two instalments. The first instalmentis at the start of employment; and the second after six months of employment. The level of grant support will reflect the salary scale proposed for the job being generated. Jobs attracting salaries of €40,000 or more will be eligible for the maximum €15,000 grant support. Lower-paid positions will receive a lower grant. Please note that approved grants are to be used for their intended purposes. If salaries are being supported by the LEO, the detailed job description and contracts for the role need to be forwarded to the LEO before the funds can be drawn down.
- Capital Items – including fit out of workspace, office equipment, machinery, fixed technology costs, and so on. (Note that the cost of buying or construction of a building and the cost of land and mobile assets including laptops, tablets and smart phones are excluded from grant aid).
- Consultancy, Innovation, Marketing Costs – these may include packaging, brochures, business cards, trade fairs, website development, consultancy fees and other marketing initiatives.
Business Expansion Funding : Repayment Terms
- We request that you contact our Enterprise Office prior to submitting an application.
- An application must be made prior to any expenditure being incurred i.e. Any expenditure incurred prior to the grant application date does not qualify
- The approval of all applications and the payment of all monies is dependent upon the availability of financial resources under this scheme from the Department of Jobs, Enterprise & innovation
Depending on availability of financial resources, it may not always be possible to accept applications for Feasibility, Business Priming and Business Expansion funding. To check availability throughout the year, please call (01) 204 7083.