- The Innovation Voucher initiative was developed to build links between Ireland's public knowledge providers (i.e. higher education institutes, public research bodies) and small businesses.
- Innovation Vouchers worth €5,000 are available to assist a company or companies to explore a business opportunity or problem with a registered knowledge provider.
Am I eligible?
The Innovation Vouchers initiative is open to all small and medium-sized limited companies registered in Ireland.
While the scheme is administered by Enterprise Ireland, applications are not restricted to clients of Enterprise Ireland.
Permitted uses for a Voucher
Innovation Vouchers can be used for any kind of innovation such as:
- new product/process development;
- new business model development;
- new service delivery and customer interface;
- new service development;
- tailored training in innovation management;
- innovation/technology audit.
Vouchers can be exchanged for knowledge transfer projects from the knowledge provider.
For the purposes of this initiative, a knowledge transfer project is defined as one that transfers knowledge of a scientific, technological or innovative nature that it is new to the small enterprise. The small enterprise may then use the new knowledge to innovate a product, process or service.
Available Voucher Types
Standard €5k vouchers are available to assist a company explore a business opportunity or problem with a registered knowledge provider. You can only apply for one of these standard €5,000 vouchers during one of our open calls. You do not need to identify your knowledge provider in advance and they are valid for 12 months from the date of issue. Please consult our schedule of calls when submitting your application.
Co-funded Fast Track Application:The value of the voucher is €5,000 and the company contributes 50% of the project costs in cash. Therefore, a company may use a Fast Track voucher to cover project costs up to €10,000 on a 50-50 co-funded basis. The company and the knowledge provider jointly agree on the work programme for the project in advance of submitting an application. Companies may wish to use this option when they are no longer eligible for a standard voucher (may have used two or more standard vouchers) or where time to market is critical and the schedule for the standard call is not suitable. This voucher application can be submitted at any time and a response may be expected within four weeks.
Next Call Dates for Standard Innovation Voucher Applications:-
|Opening Date||Wednesday, 18th January 2017|
|Closing Date||Wednesday, 1st February 2017 @3pm|