Technical Assistance for Micro Exporters’ Grant Funding
Are you in business and seeking to develop overseas markets?
We have a limited export development funding open to application from micro enterprises based in Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County who are planning activities that will support their efforts to establish new export markets for their products or services. Please read terms carefully.
The provision of Technical Assistance for Micro Exporters’ Grant will enable clients to explore and develop new market opportunities. This grant will part-fund the costs that can be incurred in investigating and researching export markets, e.g. exhibiting at Trade Fairs, preparing marketing material and developing websites specifically targeting overseas markets.
Grant Terms & Conditions:
- Grant Covers 50% of eligible costs (net of vat) to a max of €2,500.
- Applications are restricted to businesses who can demonstrate the achievement of sales in the domestic market and who now wish to expand overseas. Evidence that the business has realistic prospects of achieving export sales will be sought.
- A full business plan is required. The plan must make specific reference to the business' export marketing plans and strategy. A copy of the most recent set of audited accounts (where available) together with a 1 year projected profit & loss statement is required. All revenue figures provided must distinguish between sales in domestic and overseas markets.
- Only Third Party costs qualify i.e. cost of work you have commissioned others to do. Quotations in respect of proposed expenditure must be provided
- Applications must be made prior to any expenditure being incurred
- Payments will be made to approved projects on receipt of proof of payment of all qualifying and approved expenses.
- Successful applicants should consider using a Mentor to develop an export/marketing plan.
- Payment will be made on receipt of proof of payment of all approved expenses and successful applicants will be given a period of 6 months from the date of the letter of offer to drawn down an approved grant.
Projects eligible for support include:
- enterprises not employing more than 10 people;
- enterprises located within the geographic location of the Local Enterprise Office
- enterprises operating in the commercial sphere
- enterprises must demonstrate a market for their proposed product/service
- enterprises engaged in manufacturing or internationally traded services
- Innovative businesses with prototype products
- Enterprises must not have received any funding for this proposal from any other source
Eligible Expenditure categories
- Participation at trade fairs and shows covering Trade Show Exhibitor costs including rental/fees relating to space/stands; *
- Participation at international trade networking events organised through the Enterprise Europe Network;
- Development of specific Marketing Materials aimed at exploring new export markets;
- Translation, e.g. of existing material (booklets, webpages, etc. for export markets;
- Development of export related websites;
- Investigation of new internal or external processes to develop export business, e.g. new business model or the carrying out of non-regulatory technical requirements;
*Note - Economy Flight Costs are eligible with other travel and subsistence costs subject to the Local Enterprise Office maximum limits.
How to Apply
Please contact us in advance of applying as your application may not be eligible or the fund may already be fully subscribed.
Download Application Form Here