Is your business eligible for financial support?
Local Enterprise Office Dublin City provides a range of financial supports to qualifying small businesses based in the Dublin City employing less than 10 employees. Enterprise projects eligible for support are :
- Businesses engaged in manufacturing
- Internationally traded services (details of overseas customers)
- Innovative projects with export potential (this must be outlined in the application)
- Salary support may be offered to unique tourism services projects that are focused predominantly on generating revenues from overseas visitors and which do not give rise to deadweight and/or displacement in the local economy.
- Professional services, consultancy, retail and distribution are not eligible
Priority is given to enterprises which over time can develop into strong export entities and graduate to the Enterprise Ireland portfolio
Companies seeking financial support must:
- Local Enterprise Offices in Dublin are divided into the same areas as the local councils. LEO Dublin City can only support those who have their business registered and operating in the Dublin City areas Dublin 1 - 13, 17 and 20. However the border for some councils go through these areas. If you are unsure what council area you are in please contact the office.
- have less than 10 employees
They must also:
- be in the commercial sphere, that is profit oriented businesses
- be capable of attaining economic viability
- demonstrate a commercial market for their proposed product or service
- have adequate overall finance available to the project (detail in your application how you will fund the business)
- have the necessary management and technical skills
- have capacity for growth and new job creation
- have potential for export, please outline in your application
- full time commercial businesses
- not employ more than 10 people
- NOT be Enterprise Ireland clients and not receiving Enterprise Ireland funding
Under the terms of it's remit some projects are not supported by the Local Enterprise Office - Dublin City:
- Retail outlets and professional services (including consultancies)
- Areas of enterprise which involve displacement of existing jobs or business: Builders, Hairdressers, Cafes, Pubs, Hotels, General Printers, Construction, Trades etc. would come within this category. Generally where there are a large number of operators within a sector, the board has to have regard to the implications of grant aiding one or some, possibly putting the others at a competitive disadvantage.
- Conferences and Seminars
- Projects which are contrary to public policy
- Duplication of support for projects which would be eligible for assistance from other State Agencies of EU funded Operational Programmes.
- Existing Firms which already have an established relationship with Enterprise Ireland or IDA. Please do not apply to the Enterprise Board if you have an existing application for the same project under consideration by Enterprise Ireland.
- Projects involving primary agricultural production.
- Projects with employees in excess of 10 people.
- Mobile assets, i.e. cars, motor vans, laptops, mobile machinery etc.
- Projects deemed to be capable of proceeding in any event without Board assistance ie deadweight.
- Projects essentially comprising importation and distribution.