Blanchardstown library, The Civic Centre, Blanchardstown Centre, Dublin
Start Your Own Business
A course for those starting a small business or who have a business running less than 2 years. 10 week duration, every Wednesday form 6.30 pm - 9.30 pm.
This event is no longer available
Start Your Own Business Course Aims & Learning Outcomes
This Start Your Own Business training course is designed for those who are thinking of starting a small business or those who have a business that is running less than 2 years. Over 10 modules the course aims to introduce participants to entrepreneurship, self-employment, the legal aspects of setting up, tax & VAT obligations, basic financial management, gaining competitive advantage, turning market research into a sales funnel, innovation and understanding a business plan.
By the end of the 10 session course, participants will;
- Understand what is required of an individual to start their own business
- Have prepared and assessed a professional business plan
- Have assessed markets to see if there is a need for their proposed business idea
- Know how to market and sell their business
- Understand the concepts of business finances and the importance of cash-flow management
- Have gained information on possible sources of funding
- Have learned about the legal aspects of business formation, including health and safety and insurance considerations
- Have evaluated their own “Elevator Pitch” for their business idea/concept
- Understand the importance of ICT in gaining competitive advantage, including E-Commerce, social media etc
The Start Your Own Business Course is ideal if you are one of the following;
A Fingal based individual who is looking to learn how to start a business
An owner-manager or key staff member of a business that is based in Fingal County and that has been up and running for less than 2 years
Participants on this course are typically drawn from a wide variety of backgrounds including full-time/part-time employment, unemployed, recently made redundant, facing redundancy and women returning to the workforce.
Class sizes are limited to 12 people to maximize learning outcomes for participants.
What do I need to bring?
You are not required to bring anything with you and course material will be provided. Refreshments will also be provided.
Duration of Training
The Start Your Own Business Course takes place on one evening per week from 6:30 until 9:30pm. This particular course takes place on the following dates:
Wednesday 08th March 2017
Wednesday 12th April 2017
Wednesday 15th March 2017
Wednesday 19th April 2017
Wednesday 22nd March 2017
Wednesday 26th April 2017
Wednesday 29th March 2017
Wednesday 03th May 2017
Wednesday 05th April 2017
Wednesday 10th May 2017
Download the syllabus here Start Your Own Business Course Module Content
An emphasis on networking through the programme will be facilitated through:
The focus of the training delivery concentrates on a balance of:
Teamwork and Team-building (Group dynamics and networking)
The use of handouts and audio-visual materials
Project Work and Continuous Assessment