Technical Assistance for Micro Exporter Grants – Briefing Note
Aim: To enable clients to explore/develop new market opportunities. The grant will part –fund costs that can be incurred in investigating and researching export markets. These grants are an export market support mechanism for businesses to identify and development export market opportunities.
Who is eligible?
The grant is focussed primarily on existing LEO (Measure 1 grant clients) or potential clients within the usual eligibility criteria for qualification for grant assistance i.e. the business must be manufacturing or be an internationally traded service.
Note: Innovative businesses with prototype products also qualify to apply.
Eligible business if they met the criteria above should also:
- Have 10 or less employees
- Be located in Co. Kilkenny
- Be commercial
- Demonstrate the market for their product /service
Maximum grant of 50% of eligible costs up to max payment of €2,500. The proposal cannot have been funding from any other public source.
Eligible Expenditure categories
- Participation at trade fairs and shows covering Trade Show Exhibitor costs including rental/fees relating to space/stands; *
- Participation at international trade networking events organised through the Enterprise Europe Network;
- Development of specific Marketing Materials aimed at exploring new export markets;
- Translation, e.g. of existing material (booklets, webpages, etc. for export markets;
- Development of export related websites;
- Investigation of new internal or external processes to develop export business, e.g. new business model or the carrying out of non-regulatory technical requirements;
*Note - Economy Flight Costs are eligible with other travel and subsistence costs subject to the Local
Enterprise Office maximum limits.
- Max funding available to any business in on calendar year is €2,500
- Application to be submitted to LEO Kilkenny prior to expenditure being incurred
- Payment based on receipt of invoices, proof of payment (bank or credit card statements) No cash payments will be allowed.
- Payment will be calculated on costs exclusive of VAT.
- Grantee will provide a short report with the claim outlining the purpose grant was sought and outcomes.
- Offer is valid for six months from the date of approval.
- The support of LEO Kilkenny, The Irish Government and the EU to be acknowledged
- Any offer of funding to be accepted by grantee within one month of the letter issue
- A tax clearance certificate is required to process payments
- A copy of any materials produced as part of the grant to be supplied
- If applicable to the claim an accountant must sign off Travel and subsistence claim sheets
- Bank supplier form to be returned with offer acceptance
How to apply: Download Application form here
- Complete fully, sign and return application form to LEO Kilkenny
- Application is not completed unless quotes for all expenses are provided
Aileen McGrath | Senior Enterprise Development Officer| LEO Kilkenny
42 Parliament Street, Kilkenny, R95TY2N | (056) 779 4703
email@example.com | www.localenterprise.ie/kilkenny