Longford Enterprise Centre, Ballinalee Road, Longford
Times will be allocated on booking
Times will be allocated on booking
Great opportunity to get advice /. direction / insights from a renown craft business expert, advisor and trainer
This event is no longer available
One to one sessions with an expert in the Creative Sector.
The topics on these sessions vary from client to client but Suzanne's area of expertise are outlined below.
Suzanne May A.N.C.A.D
- Graduate of NCAD
- Launched a ceramics business, grew business to employing 15 people and traded internationally, EI client.
- Founder of Suzanne May Consulting – business and design services to the creative sector
- Design sector Business Mentor, trainer, curator, evaluator and “trouble shooter” for state agencies such as DCCOI and a number of LEO’s.
- Design Network manager - The Design corner, DLR Jewellery Designers, Metal in the city and Threads.
- National and international experience in design trends, market conditions and directions.
Suzanne May has been actively involved in the creative sector throughout her professional life. Suzanne spent many years as a craft practitioner building a ceramics business, Suzanne May Pottery, from a solo operation into a national and international Brand. Making the transition into the role of designer, marketer, while seeking and recognising opportunities Suzanne May Pottery grew to employ 15 people and successfully opened up international markets exporting 40 % of high quality ceramic products to the UK, USA and Europe. The company operated successfully for 17 years.
Suzanne May Consulting was launched in 2000. This vehicle has enabled Suzanne to bring her extensive managerial skills, sector expertise, design talent, insights and marketing experience to numerous emerging, established designers and craft companies through focussed projects. In her current position, Suzanne has established herself as a highly effective project manager, business advisor, trainer, and consultant to a wide range of creative businesses producing quality design led products. She also provides mentoring to a range of companies in the craft/ design sector through support agencies and local government initiatives.
Suzanne has built a reputation as a design “guru”, craft business expert, advisor and trainer with significant experience in bringing product to national and international markets, development of marketing strategies, market research and customer profiling , production evaluation , planning and social media and PR strategies.
Professional characteristics include:
- A passion and commitment to deliver and bring every project to successful conclusion and provide maximum recognisable benefits to participants and stakeholders.
- Excellent communicator, motivator with an accessible, personable manner.
- Excellent long term proven organisational skills.
- Understands and experienced in working in a team format.
- Intuitive understanding of the design sector nationally and internationally.
- An informed, up-to-date, understanding of design markets, national and International.
- Strong financial management skills and budget management.
- Extensive network contacts both nationally and internationally in the design sector.
- Understands deliverables and measurable required by supporting agencies and stakeholders.
The majority of projects that Suzanne has successfully managed during the last couple of years have been commercial lead, with financial measurable for both design based companies and stakeholders. Projects such as The Design Corner “Pop-up-Shop” [the first of Its kind nationally] have given Suzanne the opportunity to working closely with designer and makers as a curator, to hone product quality and offerings, improve product presentation to the market, providing a creative stimulus for new work and production approach to existing work through effective project management, including on-going business supports for the sector. Suzanne has a deep passion for the design and craft business sector both national and internationally. She has the pulse of the daily challenges facing emerging and established design based companies and is able to convert this knowledge to growth and jobs.
Suzanne is committed to assisting talented “creatives” to develop, improve key business skills, seek out and respond to opportunity, to improve sustainability, create employment and to maximize full growth potential while exploring new markets.
Suzanne’s experience in projects in the craft sector include event management, Pop-up Shop, craft retail projects e.g. The Design Corner, Network management, creative business evaluation, curating, product sourcing, trade fair stand project management in USA, UK, and Ireland. Suzanne has project managed market focussed networks including DLR Jewellery Designers, the successful The Design Corner Network and Metal in the City. In addition to a cross border fashion based network Threads.
Suzanne May Consulting clients include: Design and Crafts Council of Ireland, Local Enterprise Office Dublin, Dun Laoghaire Rathdown
In addition, Suzanne has numerous clients in the private sector.