The Discovery Zone programme is designed to provide those highly skilled people who are currently out of work and wish to utilise their existing skills to develop a business idea into a commercially viable business. It aims:
- to explore how to research and assess new business ideas;
- to help them leverage existing knowledge and skills to exploit market opportunities;
- to provide assistance with technical and commercial evaluation of their idea;
- to provide a practical understanding of the start-up issues;
- to support developing a business plan;
- to develop an understanding of marketing and sales;
- to develop an understanding of how to plan and manage finance;
- to explore methods of raising business funding;
- to explore the practical legal issues facing new businesses;
- to raise awareness of the importance of ICT and innovation.
This programme will be delivered through 180 hours of cluster group training plus 50 hours of one-to-one mentoring per participant.
Please note that attendance at this programme will not jeopardise receipt of social welfare payments.
To apply, contact Lorna Cooney at 046-9078400 or email email@example.com.