Eligibility Criteria for Feasibility/Innovation, Priming and Business Expansion Grants
- Projects in niche manufacturing or niche internationally traded services, which in time can graduate to the Enterprise Ireland Portfolio.
- Other worthwhile commercial ventures promoted by long term unemployed or those made redundant, or females returning to the workplace, can be supported provided that those enterprises do not give rise to concerns about deadweight (where projects would have proceeded anyway) and/or displacement(where the projects simply displace business from other players in the market).
- Tourism enterprises aimed at overseas visitors.
- Innovative projects emerging from work in second or third level colleges.
Projects must be in the commercial sphere, demonstrate a market for the product/service, and have a capacity for growth and local job creation. Business must have a registered address in Co. Sligo, and provide employment locally.
- Retail enterprises ( eg. restaurants, cafes, mobile food outlets, etc. ) wholesale enterprises, personal services (e.g. gardeners, hairdressers etc.).
- Projects in the local service sector which give rise to deadweight and displacement.
- Mainstream professional services (e.g. accountants, solicitors).
- The trades and construction.
- Accommodation type projects.
- Projects which involve primary agricultural production.
- Alternative healthcare practices.
- Once off projects (e.g. conferences and seminars or projects in the normal course of business).
- Projects which are contrary to public policy.
- Companies which already have a relationship with Enterprise Ireland, IDA Ireland, SFADCo or Udaras na Gaeltachta.
- Companies in the Manufacturing or internationally traded services area whose present or potential employment exceeds 10 persons.