What is the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs Programme?
The Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs scheme initiated by the European Union aims to enhance entrepreneurship, improve international competitiveness of European SME’s and to support potential start-up’s and newly established SME’s in participating countries.
Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs helps provide aspiring European entrepreneurs with the skills necessary to start and/or successfully run a small business in Europe. New entrepreneurs gather and exchange knowledge and business ideas with an experienced entrepreneur, with whom they stay and collaborate for a period of 1 to 6 months. The stay is partly financed by the European Commission.
Who can participate?
- New entrepreneurs, firmly planning to set up their own business or have already started one within the last three years;
- Experienced entrepreneurs who own or manage a Small or Medium-Sized Enterprise for more than 3 years min in one of the Participating Countries.
Benefits for the New Entrepreneur
- Up to six months learning abroad with a successful and experienced entrepreneur in order to gain relevant start-up and SME knowledge.
- Unique opportunity to improve their entrepreneurial experience through work on practical concrete jobs.
- Gaining knowledge about foreign markets and facilitate access to them.
- Development of potential new cross-border business opportunities and partnerships.
- Gaining insights into a different cultural and organisational setting/workplace and understanding how a business operates in another participating country.
- Broadening network of contacts and becoming part of a dynamic pan-European business network of successful entrepreneur’s.
Benefits for the Host Entrepreneur
- Work with a serious, committed and motivated New Entrepreneur who will contribute to their business development through innovative ideas and views.
- Gain knowledge about the New Entrepreneurs domestic markets- including business contacts and opportunities to internationalise their business.
- Interact with Host Entrepreneurs from other participating countries and become part of a dynamic pan-European business network of successful entrepreneur’s.
- Improve growth potential of their company and opportunity to establish a new business partnership directly with a New Entrepreneur from another country.
As part of the application process it is advised that New Entrepreneurs and Host Entrepreneurs meet a member of the team at the Local Enterprise office to discuss the programme.
New and experienced entrepreneurs who wish to take part in the entrepreneurs exchange programme should apply via the tool and choose their preferred local contact point. The local contact point should be active in the country of residence of the entrepreneur since it will act as a guide and contact point throughout the process.
Click here for more information on the application process.
For more information on the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs programme please contact Anne Moore on 087-2398673 or email email@example.com