A partnership programme between South Dublin Chamber of Commerce and South Dublin County Council
This innovative business support programme was established in 2011 to provide direct support to local business, and to ensure that the public support for local businesses in the area is effective and efficient. Based out of South Dublin Chamber of Commerce, the programmes, training and advisory services are available to the wider business community.
The aim of this programme is to empower businesses to consider the sustainability and long term future of their business in spite of the economic fluctuations in Ireland and globally, through a range of support services. An important principle of this project is to act as an effective conduit for connecting people, business and organisations.
Key Events and Services include:
- One to One Business Support and In House Mentoring
- Access to local business events
- Tailored plan for access to local and national business supports
- Regular Communication on local and national business issues
- Opportunity to feed into the development of local economic policy and development
- Ongoing analysis of local business situation in South Dublin and wider area
The key challenge for business is to increase its customer base and stabilise its financial situation. This can be done in many cases by embracing technology, changing work practices or reducing cost such as energy without reducing service quality. A core function of the programme is to illustrate the cost effectiveness of other options such as new technologies and efficient use of energy, transport and marketing.
The results to date are impressive with over 400 small and medium sized businesses being serviced taking part in events and services offered under this programme.
The programme is managed by Ms, Andrea Carroll, based in South Dublin Chamber, who can be contacted on 0870658468 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or though the Chamber website www.sdchamber.ie .
Previous events and initiatives carried out in partnership with the Sustainable Business Programme included:
- Social Media Means Business Conference 2011
- Books Mean Business – Business Month at South Dublin Libraries, 2011+
- SMILE Resource Exchange Event for South Dublin 2012,2013,2014
- Economic Profile Survey of South Dublin 2014
- One to One meetings with over 400 business owners 2011 - 2015