A programme for those looking to develop and grow small-scale food & drink production businesses.
Start date for next intake 24th February 2017
MODULE 1 MARKET BACKGROUND & UNDERSTANDING CONSUMERS
- Understanding Consumers
- Market Background
- Research and Data
- Marketing Strategy & Segmentation
- Description: Module One will see participants develop an in-depth knowledge of the tools which can be used to assess the market background (target consumers, routes to market) and how to develop an effective marketing strategy for their products.
MODULE 2 TECHNICAL ISSUES
- Introduction to Finance
- New Product Development
- Food Safety and Food Labelling
- Managing Human Resources
- Description: Module Two participants will come to understand the core technical issues facing food and drink business. The module will focus on how to run a business correctly and legally to maintain effective management and growth.
MODULE 3 & 4 GROWING SALES
- Branding and Pack Design
- Routes to Market
- Buyer Meetings
- Marketing Plans
- Promoting with Confidence
- Public Relations
- Description: Module Three will look at further elements of the marketing mix. Participants will gain a good understanding of the different elements of the marketing mix and how the use of better packaging and branding will drive profitable sales.
The programme will consist of four full training days, one day for each module.
Mentoring is a significant aspect of the programme with one mentoring visit taking place after each module, in conjunction with the content delivered during the previous training day.
Who can Participate?
The Food Academy is aimed at those in the early stages of developing their Dublin-based food or drink business. Selection criteria will apply.
Finnstown Castle Hotel, Lucan
How Much Does it Cost?
The Food Academy costs €200 and is inclusive of all course materials, training and mentoring provided. Please only make a payment when it has been confirmed that you have secured a place on the programme.
Please note that you must first be accepted on this programme before making booking payment. To register complete the Application form below and return to Amanda Mills.
Download Food Academy Application Form and email to email@example.com
For further information or to register contact:
Amanda Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 4149000
Places are limited so please ensure you book early!