Waterford Marina Hotel, Canade Street, Waterford City.
Start Your Own Business
Local Enterprise Office Waterford is running its Start Your Own Business Bootcamp over three full days in May (11th, 18th & 25th).
Start Your Own Business Bootcamp
Local Enterprise Office Waterford is running its Start Your Own Business Bootcamp, commencing Thursday 11th of May, 2017.
Do you have an idea for a business and want to know how to take to the next level? Or have you started a business but need to know more about the many aspects of running a business, such as book-keeping, market research, sales and marketing?
If so, Local Enterprise Office, Waterford has developed a Start Your Own Business bootcamp, that is suitable for those thinking of starting a business or those that are undertaking that journey!
The course runs over three Thursdays in May (11th, 18th & 25th) from 9.30am to 4.30pm at Waterford Marina Hotel, Canada Street, Waterford City.
Cost to all participants is €50 which includes a light lunch on each day of the bootcamp
The programme will assist you to:
- Define your vision for the future of your business
- Identify the skills required to run your own business
- Analyse your own strengths and weaknesses
- Decide on the legal structure for your business
- Create your personal budget
- Price your product or service using tried and tested formulae
- Carry out effective market research activities
- Chose the most appropriate means of communicating what is unique about your business to those customers likely to buy it
- Lean about all available media with particular emphasis on internet, social networking and advertising/promotion/public relations
- Learn how to communicate effectively in business to enhance all aspects of your business
- Delight your customer and close the sale
- Analyse the tax system, USC, PRSI and VAT
- Create structures and systems that allow you to take charge of your business, including financial management and book-keeping
- Complete your business plan – template will be provided
All participants will be provided with a manual, copies of presentations and templates to assist going forward.
Places are limited so please book early. We only accept online bookings through our website.
About the Trainers:
Sheila Anne O’Leary
Sheila Anne is qualified Accounting Technician and a registered Tax Agent with the Revenue Commissioners, and a member of the Institute of Accounting Technicians Ireland. She is an experienced trainer and mentor and a member of the Irish Institute of Training and Development. Being born to parents who were self employed in separate family businesses, from a very early age Sheila Anne worked in wholesale, manufacturing and retail environments, learning first hand all aspects of running a business. Sheila Anne has vast experience in the areas of Financial and Business Management and, as well as providing start up advice and mentoring for clients, she assists them in conducting Feasibility Studies and producing Business Plans. She has acted as a mentor for Local Enterprise Offices, Back to Work Enterprise Allowance participants and Micro Finance Loan applicants.
Jackie has 28 years business experience and over 14 years experience leading start-ups and SMEs in business development, marketing and communications. She has a consultancy business delivering training and mentoring and supporting business development. Jackie works with clients in product and service development, production, strategic planning and helping them face challenges, which vary from financial, marketing to communication issues. She is a Enterprise Ireland and Local Enterprise Office mentor. Jackie developed her business acumen through the experience of setting up and growing a creative business in a challenging market (1988 – 2000), where she honed her skills in brand building and the art of effective communication with customers, employees and suppliers.
In 2013, Sheila Anne and Jackie began their collaboration which led to Business IQ, a training and development company, which delivers extensive start up and business development programmes for Local Enterprise Offices in Cork, Kerry and Waterford.