What is the criteria for assistance ?
The Enterprise Office offers direct assistance to small enterprises through the provision of financial assistance. To be eligible for financial assistance a project must meet the following requirements:
The business must be established, registered and operate within County Westmeath.
The enterprise must not employ more than 10 people
The project must be capable of achieving commercial viability without continuing EU and State support
Add value to a product, process or service so as to generate or supplement the income of those involved
Demonstrate that there is adequate market potential for the business
Comply with existing policies on tax and certification matters
Does not display deadweight
Ability of the promoters to carry out the project
The business must have potential for growth in domestic and/or export markets and have potential for new job creation.
Priority for grant aid is given to:
Projects in the manufacturing or internationally traded services which over time can develop into strong export entities and graduate to the Enterprise Ireland Portfolio;
Unique Tourism services projects aimed predominantly at overseas visitors; - Please note only salary support may be offered to Tourism related businesses. These projects cannot give rise to deadweight and/or displacement in the local economy.
- Financial Assistance is not available to retails businesses, personal services, professional services, construction/building services.
How to Apply ?
Appointments can be made with:
Tracey Tallon email@example.com
Christine Charlton firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone : 044–9338945
Supporting Documentation Required for Financial Grant Assistance :
- Completed Application Form
- Evidence of Borrowing Facilities / Own Funds
- Planning Permission (where applicable)
- Health Board Approval (where applicable)
- Quotations, tenders and specifications for equipment and /or construction work
- Historical Accounts (3yrs ), in the case of existing business
- Projected Accounts - Cash-Flow Profit/Loss and Balance Sheet
- Certificate of Incorporation and Share Certificate, for an existing Limited Company
- Site Drawings /Layouts (where applicable)
- Business Plan
- Tax Clearance Certificate