Local Enterprise Office Westmeath offers financial assistance to small businesses with less than ten employees through the following grant.
Micro Exporters' Grant
The provision of Technical Assistance for Micro Exporters’ Grant will enable clients to explore and develop new market opportunities.Technical Assistance for Micro Exporters’ Grants will part-fund the costs that can be incurred in investigating and researching export markets, e.g. exhibiting at Trade Fairs, preparing marketing material and developing websites specifically targeting overseas markets.
- Grant Covers 50% of eligible costs (net of vat) to a max of €2,500.
- Applications must be made prior to any expenditure being incurred
- Payments will be made to approved projects on receipt of proof of payment of all qualifying and approved expenses.
- Successful applicants should consider using an Enterprise Ireland Mentor to develop an export/marketing plan.
Projects eligible for support include:
- Enterprises not employing more than 10 people;
- Enterprises located within the geographic location of the Local Enterprise Office
- Enterprises operating in the commercial sphere
- Enterprises must demonstrate a market for their proposed product/service
- Enterprises engaged in manufacturing or internationally traded services
- Innovative businesses with prototype products
- Enterprises must not have received any funding for this proposal from any other source
Eligible Expenditure categories
- Participation at trade fairs and shows covering Trade Show Exhibitor costs including rental/fees relating to space/stands; *
- Participation at international trade networking events organised through the Enterprise Europe Network;
- Development of specific Marketing Materials aimed at exploring new export markets;
- Translation, e.g. of existing material (booklets, webpages, etc. for export markets;
- Development of export related websites;
- Investigation of new internal or external processes to develop export business, e.g. new business model or the carrying out of non-regulatory technical requirements;
*Note - Economy Flight Costs are eligible with other travel and subsistence costs subject to the Local Enterprise Office maximum limits.