Wicklow County Campus
The Trading Online Seminar is being held on Friday 10th March 2017 at Wicklow County Campus, Rathnew
Consumer behavior is changing and online spending is increasing rapidly. There is a big opportunity for Irish businesses to grow and access a wider market, expand their business and create more jobs. Statistics suggest that only 32% of small companies are engaged in e-commerce sales in Ireland and that 70% of the €850,000 spent online by Irish consumers per hour is going overseas. The 'Trading Online Voucher' campaign, financed by the Department of Communications, Climate Change and Environment aims to encourage small businesses to develop their online presence through a website or digital marketing strategy by availing of a Trading Online Voucher of up to €2,500 or 50% of their eligible expenditure.
Businesses looking to apply for the Trading Online Voucher must be trading for a minimum of 12 months to qualify, employ less than 10 employees and be located in County Wicklow.
Trading Online Seminar Applicants for the Trading Online Voucher must attend a Trading Online Information Seminar. Please note that we run a number of these seminars throughout the year, the next seminar is on Thursday 25th May 2017. If you have any questions please call the Local Enterprise Office Wicklow on 0404 30800.
|Location:||Wicklow County Campus, Rathnew|
Friday 10th March 2017
|Time:||9.30am - 1.30pm|
|Trainer:||Noel Davidson, The Entrepreneurs Academy Ltd|
This half day event will cover the following areas, which will help in deciding what your business needs to start trading online, the application process and if successful in your application, what is required in order to drawdown the funding.
The Programme will cover:
- Introduction and icebreaker (sounding the needs of the attendees).
- Spending your Voucher wisely - what does that mean?
- Tageting customers - YOU and your Audience.
- Barriers to being online.
- Why online?
- Search Engine Optimisation - being visible in online searches.
- Being found - setting up your website.
- Live demo - building your site.
- Social Media Marketing - how to develop a digital marketing strategy for your business.
- How to fill in the application
- How to draw down if you're successful.