Stages of the Competition
- Application Deadline - on or before 14th October 2016.
- Screening Process Stage – 17th/18th October 2016. Applicants are screened on their application and participants are selected as County Finalists
- Entrepreneur Bootcamp - Friday 11th & Saturday 12th November 2016. Finalists will enter into this specialised 'Bootcamp' to help develop their business/idea.
- County Final Day - Tuesday 13th December 2016. The Finalists (those who were selected onto the Bootcamp) will submit their final business plan (prior to Tuesday 13th) and make a pitch to the County Assessment Panel throughout the day of Tuesday 13th December. This Panel will consist of a minimum of three judges. Three Category Winners are chosen and from these three winners an Overall County Winner will be selected. All three Winners will progress to the Regional Final.
- Regional Finals Stage – January/February 2017. In total 93 County Winners will progress to the Regional Finals. Each Regional Finalist will receive additional mentoring and business support prior to making a pitch to the Regional Assessment Panel.
- National Final Stage – March 2017. In total 24 Category Winners will be selected to progress to the National Final
The 24 Finalists will compete for the three National Category Awards for Best Business Idea, Best Start Up Business and Best Established Business. In addition Ireland’s Best Young Entrepreneur for 2016 will be announced.