Our LEO has grants of max. €2,500 available to help micro-enterprises develop their website or digital strategy. New call now open!
With the trend ever increasing towards online spending it is estimated that only 23% of small Irish businesses are engaged in any meaningful way in e-Commerce sales.
For businesses employing less than ten people this percentage could be even lower. It is now believed that of online purchases made in Ireland that 70% of these are done in overseas markets.
There is now an urgency to ensure that businesses recognise that this is happening and that they are encouraged and supported to correctly respond to this digital reality.
In order to support this goal, the National Digital Strategy aims to get a further 2,000 businesses trading online by the end of 2016. To this end, the Department of Communications, Energy & Natural Resources (DCENR) has launched a Trading Online Voucher Programme and has teamed up with the Local Enterprise Offices to deliver this to Irish business
Apply Now for the Trading Online Voucher!
LEO DLR has a further batch of Trading Online Vouchers to approve, each of which can cover 50% of qualifying ex-VAT costs, subject to a max. LEO contribution of €2.500.
TOV Application Process Includes attending TOV info Seminar and Application Form:
- Trading Online Voucher Information Seminar - Those wishing to avail of a voucher, must attend an obligatory Trading Online Voucher Information seminar. At each seminar attendees will be informed of the purpose of the scheme and how best to use and get value from the application of the voucher.
Book your place on our next information seminar:
2. Submit Application Form - Only those people who attend the trading online voucher information seminar and meet the eligibility criteria will be sent an application form to apply for a voucher from our LEO.
- Application Deadline: Friday the 24th of February 2017
- Application Deadline: Friday 31st of March 2017
Trading Online Vouchers Initiative Rules
- Vouchers will be available to a maximum value of €2,500 or 50% of eligible expenditure (Net of VAT), whichever is the lesser
- Voucher approval must be gained prior to incurring any expense
- Own labour is not an eligible expense
- Third party costs only will be considered
- All third party/supplier invoices must contain proper business details (e.g. Tax and Business Registration details).
The vouchers are targetted at businesses with the following profile:-
- Limited Online Trading presence
- Less than 10 employees
- Turnover less than €2m
- Applicant business must be trading for at least 12 months
- Business must be located in the catchment area of a LEO that is participating in this scheme
- It is not possible to submit more than one claim for this grant, businesses who have received this grant already cannot apply for a second grant
- Companies with charitable status, commercial semi-state companies, trade associations and company representation bodies such as Chambers of Commerce are not eligible to participate in this scheme
- 'Not for Profit' and social entrepreneurship applicants until they operate in a commercial domain
- Professional services specialising in IT type services who are already capable of trading online using existing in-house systems
- Conferences and Seminars
- Projects which are contrary to public policy
- Duplication of support for projects which would be eligible for assistance from other State Agencies of EU funded Operational Programmes
- Projects with employees in excess of 10 people
- Projects deemed to be capable of proceeding in any event without scheme assistance i.e. deadweight
- Projects essentially comprising importation and distribution
What the vouchers can be used for
- IT consultation
- Development or upgrade of an e-commerce website
- Implementing Online payments or booking systems
- Purchase of Internet related software
- Purchase of online advertising (this purchase cannot make up any more than 30% of approved Voucher costs and can only be drawn down in one payment phase)
- Developing an app (or multiplatform webpages)
- Development of a digital marketing strategy
- Implementing a digital marketing strategy
- Training/skills development specifically to establish and manage an on-line trading activity
What the vouchers cannot be used for
- Development of brochure websites
- Purchase of non-internet related software
- Anything other than online trading related activity
This scheme is an initiative of the National Digital Strategy, developed and funded by the Department of Communications, Climate Action & Environment