The Mentor Programme is designed to match up the knowledge, skills, insights and entrepreneurial capability of experienced business practitioners with small business owner/ managers who need practical and strategic one to one advice and guidance. The mentor contributes independent, informed observation and advice to aid decision making.
All applications for mentor assistance are dealt with individually and are preceded by a business needs analysis to assess the key needs of the business and determine the most imperative mentoring objectives.
The Mentor Programme is open to both new and existing businesses located withìn the LEO region.
The Role of Mentor:
- Advise and provide direction
- Help the promoter identify problems and suggest areas for improvement
- Discuss solutions and innovative ways of improving business activity
- Help with the decision making process
- Share experience and knowledge
- Provide structure and context for discussion
- Offer assistance in compiling a business plan
Areas of involvement typically include:
- Business Strategy
- Financial Planning
- Market Research
- Marketing & Promotion
- Production Planning
- Corporate Organisation
- Website Planning & Design