Start Your Own Business Aims:
It is important to plan in advance of setting up a business. Preparation is the single most important thing you can do to ensure your fledging business gets off the ground and continues flying.
Key Issues Include:
- Is your business idea viable?
- Can you develop a competitive and sustainable enterprise?
- Are you prepared to take the risk?
- What skills do you require to achieve your objectives?
Who Should Attend?
The LEO SYOB programme focuses on:
- Anyone with a business idea they want to develop
- Anyone looking at self-employment as a realistic career option
- Anyone who has recently started a business
The programme will guide you through the various aspects of business and business planning. The objective is to assist you in assessing your idea, its viability and to decide if you should proceed or take a step back.
The following is the typical content and breakdown of a Start your own Business training programme. Please click here to find your Local Enterprise Office and view the suite of training programmes provided. Modules include:
- Starting up / getting started
- Identifying, understanding and researching your target market
- Tax, law and insurance
- Financial planning (pricing, costing)
- Sources of funding
- Promoting your business
- Sales and service
- Basic bookkeeping
- Developing your Business Plan