A Priming Grants is a business start-up grant, available to micro enterprises within the first 18 months of start-up.
Priming grants may be available for sole traders, partnerships, or limited companies that fulfil the following criteria:
- Located within the LEO’s Dublin City geographic area
- A business which on growth may or may not fit the Enterprise Ireland portfolio
- A business employing up to 10 employees
- A manufacturing or internationally traded services business
- A domestically traded service business with the potential to trade internationally
- Salary support may be offered to unique tourism services projects that are focused predominantly on generating revenues from overseas visitors and which do not give rise to deadweight and/or displacement in the local economy.
Eligible clients may be awarded a Priming Grant within the first eighteen months of setting up the business.
- Job Creation Salary costs average €10,000 per person
- Website/ Trade fairs/ Export activities
- Capital items (50% costs towards manufacturing/ industrial equipment)
Mobile assets not eligible (van, laptop etc).
Priming Refundable Grant up to €40,000 depending on the number of jobs created.
Terms & Conditions:
Must be at least one new full-time job created. The business should have a least a few paying customers. A portion could be refundable (no interest charged) after a 7 month moratorium. Refundable portion 0% or 33% or 50% or 100%. Refundablity decided on a case by case basis depending on amount of grant, number of jobs created, assets etc. A current valid Business Tax Clearance Certificate required.
Before downloading the application form applicants must review the application process. Click here to find out how to submit your application
Priming Grant Application Form.docx (size 347 KB)
Priming Grant Application Form.pdf (size 673.2 KB)