If you have a plan in place to conduct research into export markets, or if you are in the early stages of implementing an export strategy, then this initiative can assist you. The First Time Exporter’s Grant can part-fund the costs that you will incur in investigating and researching export markets. So, for instance, if you intend to exhibit at a foreign Trade Fair, create marketing material specifically for overseas markets, or incur other costs in pursuing your Export Marketing strategy, we can help with the First Time Exporter’s Grant.
Summary Funding Terms
- Grant covers 50% of eligible costs (subject to a maximum of €2,500 per company in any one calendar year).
- Application must be made prior to any expenditure being incurred.
- Payment will be made to approved projects on receipt of proof of payment of all qualifying and approved expenses.
How do I qualify to apply for assistance?
Qualifying applicants are privately-owned businesses which meet with all of the following criteria:
- Micro-enterprises (i.e. businesses with up to 10 employees)
- Fingal-based indigenous businesses
- Manufacturing and internationally trading businesses or Businesses that can demonstrate potential to develop into internationally trading businesses
- Businesses that demonstrate that they have a clear Exporting strategy in place and are equipped to implement their strategy.
- Grant covers 50% of eligible costs up to a Max of €2,500. (excl. VAT)
- Only Third Party costs qualify
- Eligible costs include invoiced and receipted travel and subsistence costs, trade fair participation, the creation of marketing material specifically for overseas markets etc.
- Expenditure incurred prior to grant approval is ineligible
- All applications are subject to evaluation and the Local Enterprise Office has the right to refuse any application.
Maximum assistance available is €2,500 per applicant up to a maximum level of 50% of total cost. The funding provided may not exceed €2,500 in any three year period (previously funded CEB Export grants are included in this calculation).
How can I apply for the First Time Exporter's Grant?
Contact us today to discuss your needs with one of our business advisers.