Introduction to the New Frontiers Entrepreneur Development Programme
The New Frontiers Entrepreneur Development Programme is a national entrepreneur development programme from Enterprise Ireland that is delivered by Institutes of Technology around the country. The New Frontiers Entrepreneur Development Programme is targeted at those with an innovative business idea who are planning to establish and run their own company. The programme can provide participants with the information and support needed to accelerate the development of their business and gives them the skills and contacts needed to start and grow their small business.
Since its launch in 2012, the New Frontiers Entrepreneur Development Programme aims to support the creation of 100 high value, Irish-owned businesses, every year.
What does the New Frontiers programme provide Entrepreneurs?
- A €15,000 scholarship to cover full-time participation in the six month course
- Web hosting and software development support from Amazon and Microsoft worth over $115,000
- Training in key areas of business including financial management, market research, business processes, patenting, product development and sales
- Mentoring from experienced business advisers
- Incubation Office Space and other facilities
- Networking with other entrepreneurs and businesses
- Introduction to seed and early stage capital investment networks
- Access to entrepreneurship best practice, both national and international
- Peer-group learning from participants across the country
- Access to the Enterprise Ireland Market Research Centre
- Expert support from Institutes of Technology and Enterprise Centres
Am I Eligible - Who Should Apply?
The New Frontiers Entrepreneur Development Programme is aimed at entrepreneurs and early stage start-up companies located across Ireland.
Applications are accepted from a wide range of sectors including:
- Food & Consumer Products - FMCG
- Information & Communication Technology
- Engineering & Electronics
- Medical Devices
- Digital Media
- Clean technology & Renewable Energy
- Eligible Internationally Traded Services
Ideally applicants will have the following characteristics:
- Intend establishing a manufacturing or internationally traded services business OR a new domestically traded service business with the potential for international trade
- Ambitious and be committed to developing a sustainable business
- Planning to achieve a turnover greater than €500,000 and create more than five jobs after three to five years
- Develop a business that has a strong foundation of innovation and/or technology
- Show evidence of a commercial market for your proposed product or service
New Frontiers Programme Detail
New Frontiers is designed to provide an integrated and comprehensive set of business development supports to participants. The programme is split into 3 separate phases.
Phase 1 - Business Ideas
This phase takes place over an 8-10 week period and will help participants to validate their business idea and its the market potential. The workshops take place during the weekend and evening and will provide information and general start-up training, allowing participants to explore their idea’s feasibility.
Phase 2 - Business Planning
Entry into Phase 2 follows a competitive selection process, participants who can demonstrate that their business proposition has growth potential and can create jobs may be offered a place. Those who enter into phase 2 will receive support for 6 months to develop both their own skills and to work on their business proposition. This will entail full-time participation in workshops, mentoring and regular reviews. Using these supports, you will fully detail and validate your business proposition and identify potential customers, sales channels and funding options. You must be available for full-time participation in this six month course. To facilitate this, you will receive up to €15,000 in funding subject to satisfactory performance and development reviews.
Phase 3 - Business Development
Participants who complete Phase 2 will be guided to the most relevant government supports that can best help them to develop further. Further incubation facilities and support may be available to participants for a limited period, in conjunction with ongoing support from the Enterprise Ireland Incubation Centre Management team.
How do I Apply?
In Fingal, the New Frontiers Programme is run by the Institute of Technology Blanchardstown in collaboration with the Institute of Technology Tallaght. Phase 1 commences in January and June 2015 with Phase 2 and 3 commencing in October. Please contact NewFrontier@itb.ie for further information and to apply.
We are currently recruiting for the Phase Two Programme which will be held at The LINC, Institute of Technology Blanchardstown.
The programme commences on 5th October 2015.
The deadline for applications is 14th August 2015.
Email: NewFrontier@itb.ie for information on applying or Tweet @TheLINCTweet
For further information visit :