Over 100 students signed up this years Student Synergy Awards in ITT Dublin with a total of 34 students from across the three schools of Business and Humanities, Engineering and Science represented in the 10 teams that made the finals short-list. The event which is now in its 6th year is organised by the Synergy Centre in ITT Dublin and sponsored by the Local Enterprise Office South Dublin. The finalists competing for €6,500 prize fund on April 10th were:
- Ice It Up - Ellis Brown, Barbara David, Paula McCarville Cake Shop & Baking Activity/Training
- Cash Cloud - Kristina Guscenko, Rebecca Kamai, Claire McKay, Karina Wrzesinska Mobile-phone/online cashless payments system
- Enviro Skim - Christopher McClelland, Ronan McCrory, Daniel Sage (1st place) Retrofit oil vat skimmer for the fast-food trade
- Teen Arena - Jeanette Cunningham, Shauna Lehane, Gary Smith, Lorraine Walsh (3rd place) Teenage designed indoor/outdoor play
- Rain Box - Keith Canavan, Sean Dunne, Eamonn Launders, Garrett Lee, Keith O’Connor (2nd place) Domestic water conservation system
- Tec Dynappics - Jojo Ashanadi, Eoin Robinson Cloud application app offering real-time appointment visibility for GP clinics
- Nádúr - Liz Branagan Sophia Keogh Lisa McGavin Louise Rafter (4th place) Cold sore cure and masking application
- Gaszip - Pamela Milner Doyle Amy Lawlor Mark Mooney Louise Murray Personalised Silicone lid for drink cans – used to prevent spillage and gas from escaping.
- In The Cupboard - Sean Keane Shauna O’Kelly Cook anything cloud application – based only on the ingredients in your kitchen cupboard
- Mechanic Finder - David Clarke Terry Collins Nicole Webster Online advertising platform allowing car-mechanic business owners to advertise their company online and customer visibility
Winners of the Synergy Awards were the EnviroSkim Team who also won a cash prize of €3,000. They are also shortlisted to go on to represent ITT Dublin in the National Student Entrepreneurship Awards which are scheduled to take place early June next at CIT, Cork where the winning Entrepreneur(s) will take home a €10,000 Cash prize . See www.studententrepreneurawards.com for more details
Congratulations also to Rainbox who were placed 2nd , TeenarenA who were 3rd and Nádur who were placed 4th.