Trade Show Grant
The Local Enterprise Office Wexford offers a small grant to help small businesses with the cost of attending a national or international trade fair. The grant is for up to 50% of the cost (up to a maximum of €1,000).
If you are a small business with less than 10 employees and are planning to exhibit at an upcoming trade fair then this initiative from the Local Enterprise Office Wexford could be of real help to you.
How does it work?
This scheme will make provision for financial assistance, up to €1,000 or 50% of the actual cost of providing the stand, whichever is the lesser.
The above limit will apply to each grantee on an annual basis (i.e. no applicant may receive more than €1,000 in any one year).
Download the Trade Show Application Form
Standard/ Minimum Conditions
1. The applicant must provide full details of the show/exhibition and justification as to why they should exhibit (attend – overseas trade fair/exhibitions only) together with supporting documentation i.e., detailed costing of stand etc.
2. The approval of the Evaluation Committe must be obtained before the date of the actual show/exhibition. Financial support shall not be provided retrospectively and expenditure incurred prior to date of approval is ineligible for grant aid purposes.
3. The applicant will expend an amount net of VAT on taking a stand at an approved show as detailed in the Letter of Offer and Schedule of Investment. Only direct costs associated with renting space, a stand or other direct costs from the Trade Fair/Exhibition organisers are eligible.
Note: The following is ineligible for funding - own labour, travel, subsistence.
For overseas Trade Fairs/Exhibitions only, the applicant can apply for costs associated with attending or exhibiting – eligible costs can include exhibition/stand costs, entrance fees, air fares/ferry costs and overnight accommodation if applicable.
4. The grant offer is conditional on the applicant being willing to give their tax number or a current tax clearance certificate and complying with all the stipulations of circular F49/13/87 as to the tax affairs of recipients of state grants.
5. The grantee shall submit evidence of exhibiting at the approved show together with vouched expenditure, duly receipted. Original invoices accompanied by proof of payment should be submitted with the claim.
6. This claim should be accompanied by a detailed report on the exhibition and an overall evaluation as to the benefit of exhibiting.
7. Qualifying Trade Fairs/Exhibitions will exclude shopping centres, local craft fairs/shows/exhibitions. Irish Trade Fairs/Exhibitions outside of County Wexford and eligible International Trade Fairs / Exhibitions are covered by this scheme.