The Management Development Training Programme 2016/2017 is now BOOKED OUT.
To register your interest for this Programme for next year (the Sep 2016 intake) please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Louise Fleming, Senior Enterprise Development Officer, Local Enterprise Office Wicklow.
General details of the Management Development Programme, for your information:
The Management Development Training Programme has been developed to uniquely facilitate the Business Owner Managers to firstly recognise the factual situation and then build their management capacity to address these issues. Most of these critical issues can be solved if “able managers” address them in time.
A sense of paralysis can set in when a business is in trouble. That’s when some leadership and good management is required. Management will need the support of the stakeholders, such as staff, trade creditors, banks, and investors to back their new financial and trading plan.
Is poor management the root cause of business collapse?
A wide body of evidence suggests that poor management is the biggest internal cause of business collapse.
Poor management includes:
- Inadequate financial controls
- Poor working capital management
- Impact of late payment date legislation
- Suppliers are reducing their credit dates and charging interest on outstanding money. Traditional free working capital is being squeezed.
- The big project (e.g. big new customer, physical expansion, etc.)
- Where the business underestimates the costs or over estimates the revenue flows of the project
- Under capitalisation, especially for fast growth businesses.
- Flawed leadership
- Lack of real accountability
- Needs strong sales and marketing capability, plus a product or service evolution strategy
- General Management Training
- Strategic Positioning of the Business
- Clarity re - What business am I in??
- How to set SMART business objectives
- How to use the 80/20 Rule in my business
- How to reposition my business into a more powerful position, so that my Business objectives can be achieved
- Presenting my business to critical stakeholders
- Marketing/Promotion/Packaging/Advertising etc.
- Sales Management
- Finance/Business Planning
- Keeping proper account and planning for tax
- Waste control
- Negotiation skills
- Time management
- Pensions, insurance, expense sheets etc.
- Delegation and supervision
- Recruitment, performance evaluation, employment legislation
- Planning for succession
The Management Development Training Programme will address, in a very practical way, all of these identified issues and others which are important to the Owner Managers on the programme.