A Priming Grant is a business start-up grant, available to micro enterprises within the first 18 months of start-up.
Priming grants may be available for sole traders, partnerships or limited companies that fulfil the following criteria:
- Located and operating within the LEO’s geographic area
- A business which on growth will fit the Enterprise Ireland portfolio
- A business employing up to 10 employees
- A manufacturing or internationally traded services business
- A domestically traded service business with the potential to trade internationally
- Need for money and having regard to deadweight and displacement
Eligible clients may be awarded a Priming Grant within the first eighteen months of setting up the business.
The maximum Priming Grant payable shall be 50% of the investment or €150,000 whichever is the lesser.
Expenditure may be considered under the following headings:
- Capital items
- Salary costs
- Consultancy/Innovation/Marketing costs
- General overhead costs
All grants of a value greater than or equal to €40,000 or with a cumulative value of €80,000 over three years require Enterprise Ireland Approval. Grants over €80,000 and up to €150,000 shall be the exception and shall only apply in the case of projects that clearly demonstrate a potential to graduate to Enterprise Ireland. In all other cases, the maximum grant shall be 50% of the investment or €80,000 whichever is the lesser. Subject to the 50% limit, a maximum grant of €15,000 per full time job created shall apply in respect of any employment support granted.