Fáilte Ireland is the National Tourism Development Authority.
Their role is to support the tourism industry and work to sustain Ireland as a high-quality and competitive tourism destination. They provide a range of practical online business supports to help tourism businesses better manage and market their products and services. Fáilte Ireland also works with other state agencies and representative bodies, including the Local Enterprise Offices, to implement and champion positive and practical strategies that will benefit Irish tourism and the Irish economy.
If you are interested in establishing or growing your own tourism business, contact your Local Enterprise Office to hear about the range of supports to assist business owners in developing their business to its full potential. Fáilte Ireland’s signature programmes, such as the Wild Atlantic Way, will provide the framework under which existing businesses can become involved in ongoing tourism activities.
The Fáilte Ireland website is an invaluable resource to anyone considering starting or running a tourism-related business. Updated regularly, it includes the following resources: Research and Insights: Ranging from Visitor Attitude Surveys to regional tourism statistics and reports, the research section of the Fáilte Ireland websites will provide an excellent starting point for you when determining the potential size of your market and other key factors for a successful business plan.
- Global Sales: For those targeting overseas markets, this section contains a number of resources to help you identify your consumers, find out how to market your business online and learn about global segmentation. Great Britain, USA, France and Germany deliver 70% of visitors and revenue to Ireland – find out more about these consumers and how you can attract them to your business.
- Domestic Sales: Containing a number of toolkits to help you increase sales for your domestic tourism business or develop your food story, details of Fáilte Ireland events and trade shows which take place in Ireland, this section will provide you with guidance and inspiration on how to develop your business for the domestic market. You’ll also find details on our quality assurance schemes or how to get listed on the Discover Ireland website.
- Best Practice Case Studies: As well as being featured on relevant pages throughout the site, this section will allow you to access all best practice case studies using real business experiences.
- Supports and Training: Access the Business Tools library, find out how to get your business quality assured, book a place on an upcoming webinar or training course or find details of previous webinars.
- Image Library: Are you looking for professional quality images to brighten up your promotional activities? Sign up to Fáilte Ireland’s image library, a free resource for positive tourism related purposes
- Newsletters: Failte Ireland’s website also provides the facility for people to sign up to receive regular e-zines on their activities. Click on the link to register.
- Fáilte Ireland on Social Media: Fáilte Ireland is very active on social media, with updates and information regularly being posted on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.