The Mentor Programme is designed to match up the knowledge, skills, insights and entrepreneurial capability of experienced business practitioners with small business owner/ managers who need practical and strategic one to one advice and guidance. The mentor contributes independent, informed observation and advice to aid decision making.
All applications for mentor assistance are dealt with individually.
Business Mentoring Programmes is open to both new and existing businesses located within County Laois.
The Role of Mentor;
- Advise and provide direction
- Help the promoter identify problems and suggest areas for improvement
- Discuss solutions and innovative ways of improving business activity
- Help with the decision making process
- Share experience and knowledge
- Provide structure and context for discussion
- Offer assistance in compiling a business plan
Areas of involvement typically include;
- General Management
- Business Strategy
- Financial Planning
- Market Research
- Marketing & Promotion
- Website Planning
How to Apply for the Mentor Programme?
To apply for mentoring / business advice, please complete the application form and return to this office.
Business Advice Clinics
Business Advice clinics are held at various locations throughout Laois to assist people with an idea. If you wish to make an appointment at one of the clinics, please contact this office.