Including the main supports available from Cavan Local Enterprise Office, the following is an overview of some key supports that can help you to grow your business:
Supports towards Employment of Additional Staff
- Grant assistance for manufacturing and internationally traded services businesses that can show potential to grow without displacing other existing enterprises - LEO Cavan
- Acumen Programme – assistance to recruit a sales person targeting business in Northern Ireland - www.acumenprogramme.com
- JobsPlus Scheme – employer financial incentive for hiring people who have been out of work for some time – www.jobsplus.ie
- Wage Subsidy scheme – incentive for taking on a new staff member who may have a disability – www.welfare.ie
Supports/Guidance for New Product Development
Getting your business on-line
- Trading Online Voucher scheme run by Local Enterprise offices - 50% of cost of new e-commerce website - Trading Online Voucher
- Google initiate that provides guidance for building your own website using a free template – www.gettingbusinessonline.ie
- E-commerce grant scheme from Cavan LEO. Grant towards part of cost of new website - replaced by online trading voucher scheme as above
- Irish Internet Association – www.iia.ie
- Registering a new .ie website - www.iedr.ie
- Loan scheme for businesses refused credit from one of main banks – www.microfinanceireland.ie
- Venture capital for high growth industry sector – www.businessangels.ie
- Employment and Investment Incentive (EIIS) – tax relief for investors in new manufacturing and ITS companies www.revenue.ie
- Start Up Relief for Entrepreneurs - 'SURE' (formerly called - Seed Capital scheme ) to reclaim past PAYE tax paid for those setting up a new company www.revenue.ie
- Back to work Enterprise Allowance (BTWEA) – supports for unemployed individuals setting up a new business. www.welfare.ie
- Three year tax exemption for new limited companies being established www.revenue.ie
- Partial Loan Guarantee scheme – government support to reduce risk for banks lending to small business www.djei.ie
Enterprise related training
- Range of short practical courses for those in business in Cavan – Cavan LEO - Online Bookings
- Management development programmes – Accelerate Programme, and Food Academy Programme - LEO Cavan, and New Frontiers programme from Enterprise Ireland www.enterprise-ireland.com
- Cavan Innovation and Technology centre - custom training for corporates in Cavan and surrounding counties www.cavanitc.ie
- Cavan Institute – courses in computer skills and website design www.cavaninstitute.ie
- Small Firms Association and ISME also provide training courses to members www.sfa.ie and www.isme.ie
Enterprise Space in County Cavan
- Enterprise Centres - Cavan town (Killygarry), Cootehill, Killeshandra, Bailieborough, Kingscourt, Blacklion.
- Business Parks – Cavan town includes - IDA Business Park, Killygarry, Kilmore Business Park, Dublin Road, Century Business Park, Dublin Road, and Corlurgan business Park on Ballinagh Road; Cornacarrow, Cootehill; Creeney Business Park, Belturbet; Annagh Industrial estate, Ballyconnell; Erne Business Park, Swanlinbar.
Tendering for New Business
- Government portal website to assist businesses getting established for tendering for new business www.etenders.gov.ie .
Sector Specific Supports
Depending on what sector you are operating in there may be sector specific supports available particularly in the food and tourism sectors.