The Mentor Programme is designed to match up the knowledge, skills, insights and entrepreneurial capability of experienced business practitioners with small business owner / managers who need practical and strategic one to one advice and guidance. The mentor contributes independent, informed observation and advice to aid decision making.
All applications for mentor assistance are dealt with individually and are preceded by a business needs analysis to assess the key needs of the business and determine the most appropriate mentoring objectives.
The business Mentoring Programme is open to both new and existing businesses located in County Sligo.
The Role of Mentor
- Listen to the clients needs
- Advise and provide direction
- Help clarify business objectives
- Help the promoter identify problems and suggest areas for improvement
- Discuss solutions and innovative ways of improving business activity
- Help with the decision making process
- Share experiences and knowledge
- Provide structure and context for discussion
Areas of involvement typically include
- Business Planning & Strategy
- Financial Planning/Financial Management
- Market Research / Market Development
- Marketing and Promotion
- Operations Management
- Managing Human Resources
- E-marketing & Social Media
Mentoring is subsidised by the Local Enterprise Office. Please contact us for the level of support that is currently available.