Local Enterprise Offices provide a range of financial supports designed to assist with the establishment and/or growth of businesses employing up to ten people. These financial supports are designed to provide a flexible suite of supports to LEO clients and potential clients.
The general conditions for grant support are as follows:
- The sector of the economy in which an enterprise is operating or intends to operate
- The size or proposed size of the enterprise
- Any expenditure incurred, prior to receipt by applicant of the letter of offer from the LEO, will not be eligible for grant support.
LEOs can assist in the establishment, and/or development, of new and existing enterprises from individuals/sole traders, companies and community groups subject to the following eligibility criteria:
- The enterprise must be in the commercial sphere
- The enterprise must demonstrate a market for the product/service
- The enterprise must have a capacity for growth and new job creation
- The enterprise must not employ more than 10 people.