A Priming Grants is a business start-up grant, available to micro enterprises within the first 18 months of start-up.
Priming grants may be available for sole traders, partnerships, community groups or limited companies that fulfil the following criteria:
- Located within Waterford City or County
- A business which on growth may or may not fit the Enterprise Ireland portfolio
- A business employing up to 10 employees
- A manufacturing or internationally traded services business
- A Domestically traded Service business with the potential to trade internationally
Eligible clients may be awarded a Priming Grant within the first eighteen months of setting up the business.
The maximum Priming Grant payable shall be 50% of the investment or €150,000 whichever is the lesser. Grants over €80,000 and up to €150,000 shall be the exception and shall only apply in the case of projects that clearly demonstrate a potential to graduate to Enterprise Ireland and/or to export internationally.
In all other cases, the maximum grant shall be 50% of the investment or €80,000 whichever is the lesser. A percentage of any grant assistance will be in refundable form at the discretion of the LEO.
Subject to the 50% limit, a maximum grant of €15,000 per full time job created shall apply in respect of any employment support granted.
Download the Aplication Form below.