The Economic Development Section works to fulfil the Council's role in industrial development in Cork County. It does this in co-operation with enterprise support agencies, community groups, entrepreneurs and other parties.
The Economic Development Section supports balanced sustainable industrial development through the creation of sustainable employment, with the following initiatives:
- Supporting the development of the industrial and commercial infrastructure of Cork County.
- Providing fully serviced industrial sites and business parks, and of strategic sites for large-scale multinational investment.
- Letting and managing incubator units.
- Developing environmental industrial parks to encourage and assist in the highest environmental standards and practices in industry.
- Organising EU activities, such as trade events for indigenous companies. This enables them to gain marketing exposure, support in the pursuit of contract opportunities, exchange of knowledge and expertise in a European dimension.
- Cooperating with enterprise support agencies, community groups, entrepreneurs and other parties.