The Mentor Programme is designed to match up the knowledge, skills, insights and entrepreneurial capability of experienced business practitioners with small business owner/ managers who need practical and strategic one to one advice and guidance. The mentor contributes independent, informed observation and advice to aid decision making.
All applications for mentor assistance are dealt with individually and are preceded by a business needs analysis to assess the key needs of the business and determine the most imperative mentoring objectives.
Business Mentoring Programmes is open to both new and existing businesses located within the South Cork Region.
The Role of Mentor;
- Advise and provide direction
- Help the promoter identify problems and suggest areas for improvement
- Discuss solutions and innovative ways of improving business activity
- Help with the decision making process
- Share experience and knowledge
- Provide structure and context for discussion
- Offer assistance in compiling a business plan
Areas of involvement typically include;
- Business Strategy
- Financial Planning
- Market Research
- Marketing & Promotion
- Production Planning
- Corporate Organisation
- Website Planning & Design
Steps involved in Mentor Programme:
- Submit your Application online to be considered for Mentoring Supports with LEO South Cork (click on button below to go directly to application)
- You will receive an acknowledgement email when your application is received
- Applications are reviewed by the team at LEO South Cork
- Client receives email notification of decision; Approval/Deferral/Rejection
- If successful, client will email notification re: Payment request (highly subsidised at €50)
- When payment is received Mentor assignment can commence
If you have any queries regarding Mentorship please contact us today on 021 4975 281.