Invitation to Tender: Local Enterprise Office South Cork Schools Enterprise
Programme Co-ordinator For the period: 15th August 2016 – 13th July 2018
Project Name: LEO South Cork Schools Enterprise Programme Co-ordinator
Contact Person: Sean O’ Sullivan, Local Enterprise Office South Cork, Unit 6a, South Ring Business Park, Kinsale Road, Cork.
Local Enterprise Offices provide advice, information and support in starting up or growing a business. With 31 dedicated teams across the Local Authority network in Ireland, LEO offers a wide range of experience, skills and services. LEO also promotes enterprise and entrepreneurship and fosters a culture of enterprise throughout secondary schools. We have devised an enterprise programme where students set-up and run their own mini enterprises over the course of the academic year. The programme has a junior, intermediate and senior cycle and students in all categories are encouraged to take a business from the idea stage, through market research to production, selling, record keeping, management and finally to writing a comprehensive report.
Invitation to Tender
This is an invitation to tender for the role of Schools Enterprise Programme Co-ordinator on behalf of the Local Enterprise Office South Cork.
The objectives of the Schools Enterprise Programme:
- To raise the profile and increase the level of participation by secondary school students in the South Cork Region;
- To promote entrepreneurship within the school environment and as a career option for students;
- Stimulate Innovative ideas and enhance business skills;
- Expose students to the realities and challenges of entrepreneurship;
- Support the development of an enterprise culture into secondary level schools;
The key outcomes:
- To support teachers in the delivery of enterprise activities designed to give students practical experience of setting up and running their own business;
- Target of 80% of secondary schools from the South Cork Region participating in the programme;
- At least 50% of schools participating do so at Junior, Intermediate and Senior cycle;
- Develop a volunteer programme of experienced business people who would be available to support and engage with schools;
- Students will in course of school year develop a new business idea, undertake process of business planning and ultimately bring an idea to market. In doing so students will learn valuable business skills and gain real life experiences;
- Ongoing visits to schools to support Enterprise Programme activities by Co-ordinator;
- Monthly reports to be completed by Co-ordinator and submitted to LEO South Cork.
Scope of the Tender
The successful service provider is required to act as Co-ordinator of Schools Enterprise Programme on behalf of the LEO South Cork to deliver the programme to secondary schools throughout the Region. The LEO South Cork welcomes innovative suggestions on how best to achieve its objectives, but would expect the following activities to form the basics of the programme;
- Early recruitment and engagement with schools is essential in gaining momentum to further participation in the programme;
- Regular school visits by Co-ordinator will be necessary to ensure teachers and students are fully aware of programme schedule, opportunities, resources available to them and important deadlines;
- Plan and implement activities/events to facilitate ideas generation and get students and teachers involved from an early stage;
- Enhance and support the ideas process with innovative workshops/in-school talks;
- Support students with running mini enterprise with access to advice and business mentors;
- Facilitate selling with Trade Fair opportunities for students – organise and manage events associated with any Trade Fairs;
- Ensure business plans are completed for Regional Finals for all entrants. Provide the necessary support to the students and teachers in lead up to this;
- Book and schedule suitable venues during the programme for all activities;
- Event management associated with organisation of Regional Final Competition in Cork;
- Provide support for the LEO South Cork National Finalists in lead up to the National Finals;
- Maximise the opportunity for publicity for all the activities of the programme;
- Identify and implement new opportunities in partnership with the LEO to bring enterprise and innovative thinking to the classroom.
- Submission Date for proposals is 5pm on Friday 22nd July 2016
- Please submit a detailed proposal including the following:
- Relevant experience of project management
- Profile of individual/s within the company who may be assisting with the delivery of all activities associated with programme
- Approach to achieving the objectives outlined above
- Details of proposed activities including timelines
- Total Fee including VAT.
- Essential Requirements: Current Tax Clearance Certificate
The contract will be awarded on the basis of the most economically advantageous tender in accordance with the award criteria and associated weights set out below:
- Approach and proposed methodology (25%)
- Expertise and experience in a similar role (25%)
- Value for money (25%)
- Range of services and resources (15%)
- Management and administration (10%)
The lowest or any tender will not necessarily be accepted and the successful tenderer will be required to produce a current Tax Clearance Certificate before the contract is awarded.
LEO South Cork Schools Enterprise Programme Co-ordinator Contract will be valid from period 15th August 2016 to 13th July 2018.
Subject to all above the contract will commence on August 15th.
Three copies of the proposal must be submitted, in hard copy only, on or before 5pm on Friday 22nd July 2016 addressed to Sean O’ Sullivan, Head of Enterprise, LEO South Cork, Unit 6a, South Ring Business Park, Kinsale Rd, Cork.
Please direct any questions about this tender to:
Sean O’ Sullivan
Head of Enterprise
Local Enterprise Office South Cork
Unit 6a, South Ring Business Park
Phone: 021-4975281 Email: email@example.com