Q&A with Adam Fleetwood founder of Traxedo
- Tell us about your business.
Our business is called Traxedo. We sell novelty clothing to the Halloween and party sector. Our product is a cross between a tuxedo and a tracksuit hence the name ‘Traxedo’. It comes in 6 different styles and counting and is popular with stag parties and festival patrons. Yes, there really is a customer out there for everything. We sell to retailers globally as well through our 4 websites.
- How has Local Enterprise Office Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown supported your business to date? Which support(s) has been most beneficial to you and your business?
The Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown local enterprise office has been absolutely immense in helping our business progress to get us to the stage we’re at today.
- When we started in 2013 we received specialised Mentoring via the LEO DLR.
- This then lead to our first tradeshow which was part funded by the export and marketing grant. Without this we wouldn’t have been able to attend 2 shows – one in the UK, one in the US – thereby opening 2 markets to our business.
- When two of us within the business decided to go full-time we applied for and received the Business Expansion Grant. Without this only 1 of us would have been able to go full time, slowing the growth speed of the business.
- We have also received the Online trading voucher, allowing for increased online advertising spend and web development.
- What is your best sales tip?
Educate yourself on everything there is to know about online advertising. With consumer online shopping spend ever increasing it should become a major part of your marketing budget.
- What was the best business advice you have received?
Always set goals. Whether daily, weekly, monthly or yearly always know where you want to go and have a clear idea in your head of how you’re going to get there.
- How did you raise the finance for your business?
Personal finance and private investment.
- What are the best digital tools you have used to grow your business?
We have found Facebook Advertising Manager to be a vital part tool in driving traffic to our websites. It has been far more effective than Adwords due to the visual nature of the advertisements and low click through costs.
- What advice do you have for other entrepreneurs?
If you want to get a business idea out there just start working on it. Don’t dwell on it all day saying how much you’d love to make it happen. Set yourself an initial goal of working on it for 10 minutes a day and watch how quickly you progress.
Many thanks to Traxedo for taking part in this interview!
For more information on Traxedo you can visit their website at: www.traxedo.com
You can also get the latest news and updates on their social media sites at:
If you would like to find out how your Local Enterprise Office can help you start or grow your own business, please visit our website on www.localenterprise.ie/DLR, call us on 01 204 7083 or simply stop by our office on the first floor in Harbour Square, Dún Laoghaire.