Access guidance from experienced business people.
Local Enterprise Office Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown's Mentor Programme is designed to match up the knowledge, skills, insights and entrepreneurial capability of experienced business practitioners with small business owner/ managers who need practical and strategic one to one advice and guidance. The mentor contributes independent, informed observation and advice to aid decision making.
Our mentor programme is open to new and existing businesses based in Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown county. Confidentiality is assured.
The Role of Mentor:
- Advise and provide direction
- Help the promoter identify problems and suggest areas for improvement
- Discuss solutions and innovative ways of improving business activity
- Help with the decision making process
- Share experience and knowledge
- Provide structure and context for discussion
- Offer assistance in compiling a business plan
Areas of involvement typically include:
- Business Strategy
- Financial Planning
- Market Research
- Marketing & Promotion
- The Sales Process
While the engagement is heavily subsidised by LEO Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown, a fee of €75 per 3 hours applies. This fee must be paid in advance of a mentor being appointed.
You can choose to pay for either 3 hours or 6 hours mentoring in advance. On receipt of a completed application form, LEO DLR will forward you a payment link that you can use to make this payment. Please specify in the mentoring application form how many hours you would like to apply for.
We will not process your application form until we have received your payment.
How to Apply
1. Download and complete our Mentor Application Form.
The form will ask you describe your business and the type of support you are seeking.
2. Return by email to email@example.com. Once receipt of your completed application form, we will email you
with a payment link and once payment has been received we will then match you up with a suitable mentor.
Please note, we also run Business Advice Clinics (one-to-one) where you can avail of general business advice and details on the various supports available to you. The cost for these clinics is €15 per hour - Click here for full details.