In order to qualify for financial assistance from the Local Enterprise Office Cork City, projects must adhere to all of the following criteria:
- Prove that a market exists for the proposed product or service
- Demonstrate potential for economic growth within a reasonable timeframe
- Employ up to a maximum of 10 people
- Operate in the manufacturing or internationally traded services sectors
- Located in Cork City
- Have access to other sources of funding
- Possess the management and technical skills to successfully carry out the project
- Primary agricultural production
- Construction and associated trades
- Importation and distribution businesses
- Projects that are contrary to public policy
- Retail outlets
- Projects qualifying for funding from other state agencies or EU programmes
- Projects that may displace existing jobs or businesses
- Professional and consultancy services
- Publishing and printing services
- Property development projects
- Projects employing more than 10 people
- Projects that could progress without the support of the Local Enterprise Office
- Projects that contravene Irish and EU policy on sensitive sectors
Terms & Conditions
- Funding will not be awarded for projects that have already commenced. Full approval by the Local Enterprise Office must be obtained before grant aid can be paid.
- The Local Enterprise Office must be furnished with receipts before payment of funding.
- Projects must comply with planning and legislative requirements.
- The project promoter and any sub-contractors employed by him / her must furnish the Local Enterprise Office with a Tax Clearance Certificate.