What Is The Cork Schools Enterprise Programme?
The Cork Schools Enterprise Programme is an initiative that gives second level students the opportunity to set up and run their own business. Students are exposed to all the realities and challenges faced by entrepreneurs today. Working in teams, they are involved in every stage of the business development from market research and production to sales and marketing etc…
The programme was set up in 2004 as a joint venture of Cork City, South, North and West Cork enterprise boards. Creating an enterprise culture in Cork schools was a key objective of the four enterprise boards and continues to be that of the Cork Local Enterprise Offices. It is hoped that through the Cork Schools Enterprise Programme many of the participating students will eventually opt for self-employment as a career choice.
The Cork Schools Enterprise Programme is part of the National Student Enterprise Awards programme – information is available at http://www.studententerprise.ie/
Benefits Of The Programme
- Students learn valuable business skills including finance, marketing, human resources, marketing and production
- Valuable exercise in team work
- Students gain real life, hands-on business experience, putting into practice what they learn in ‘Business Studies’
- Excellent preparation for professional life
- Students meet local entrepreneurs and learn from their experiences
How To Apply
Interested parents, teachers or students are welcome to contact us for further information. We can also organise for our schools coordinator to visit the school to explain the programme.