The 2012 Action Plan for Jobs is committed to delivering an enhanced, expanded and more integrated support service for micro and small business in Ireland. As part of these reforms new Local Enterprise Offices (LEOs) have been created within Local Authorities and the 35 existing County & City Enterprise Boards (CEBs) have been dissolved. The Local Enterprise Office Cork City will build on the significant achievements of the Cork City Enterprise Board to date and will offer an expanded range of supports.
Cork City has a strong and successful small business sector. At Cork City Local Enterprise Office our goal is to ensure the continued growth and success of micro enterprises in the region.
Our responsibilities include:
- Fostering a local enterprise culture
- Maximising the employment potential of small businesses in the region
- Providing a range of business support packages to small-scale enterprises including business information & advice, mentoring and training.
- Providing direct financial assistance to qualifying businesses in the form of Priming Grants, Business Expansion Grants and Feasibility Study Grants.
- Developing an enterprise culture in Cork schools through the Cork Schools Enterprise Programme and through third level entrepreneurship activities.
Here to Help
The Local Enterprise Office Cork City is the first port of call for anyone wishing to start or expand a business in the city. We work closely with companies at every stage of development, from the initial idea stage right through to growth and expansion.
If you are setting up a new business or expanding your business, contact us to see how we can help.