Q&A with John Grey founder of Camworx
- Tell us about your business.
Looking out for you when you’re not there, the Camworx proprietary VSaaS platform and plug & play WiFi camera, offers a true end to end hardware and cloud based software solution, that’s easy to self-install at an affordable price.
Ideal for keeping a watchful eye on your home, holiday home, children, pets or business from any internet connected device.
Perfect for childcare providers who want to offer parents access to live cameras in their facilities.
- How has Local Enterprise Office Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown supported your business to date? Which support(s) has been most beneficial to you and your business?
- Camworx has been supported by LEO dlr in the initial stages of developing our proprietary VSaaS (Video Surveillance as a Service) software, by providing seed funding in the form of a part repayable priming grant to help us cover some of our initial setup costs.
- Dedicated business mentoring and various subsidised training courses in different aspects of business development and management have also been of added benefit.
- What is your best sales tip?
- Know your competitive landscape and listen to your customers!
- Treat new customers like a first date. Be curious about their wants and needs and become their trusted advisor to get them more interested in your proposition.
- Then go and solve your customer’s problems! Sell!
- What was the best business advice you have received?
- Make sure that your product/service is useful and actually solves customer needs, and ensure that it is delivered well.
- Concentrate on sales and be great at what you do!
- How did you raise the finance for your business?
Camworx was originally funded by sweat capital, personal finance and friendly investments. To help build our software products and further develop the business we sought financial help from our Local Enterprise Office in the form of a priming grant loan and also raised a considerable private investment for equity.
- What are the best digital tools you have used to grow your business?
Joining the Microsoft BizSpark program helped build our software product. Social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn are quite important to help establish and grow our online digital presence. Smart SEO, web analytics and SEM techniques have enabled us to build targeted email marketing campaigns to international audiences.
- What advice do you have for other entrepreneurs?
- Value the advice of people who have created and grown businesses already. Even the “war stories” of failed ventures hold valuable information.
- Have a plan and set targets and milestones to reach.
- Learn from your mistakes and realise the value of team.
- Last but not least..never give up!
Many thanks to Camworx for taking part in this interview!
For more information on Camworx you can visit their website at: www.camworx.com
You can also get the latest news and updates on their social media sites at:
If you would like to find out how your Local Enterprise Office can help you start or grow your own business, please visit our website on www.localenterprise.ie/DLR, call us on 01 204 7083 or simply stop by our office in Harbour Square, Dún Laoghaire.