1. Foodworks Programme 2017
Food Works is run by three government agencies, Bord Bia, Enterprise Ireland and Teagasc, who have worked together since 2012 to support innovative food businesses in Ireland. So far, Food Works has helped more than 60 Irish food entrepreneurs scale their businesses. The Programme is eager to build on that success.
Each of the three agencies involved with Food Works plays a specific role in taking Irish food to global markets.
If you have a food product that satisfies a genuine market need, please set up an introductory meeting with a member of the Food Works team to begin your application. Click here to get started!
2. Food Businesses Apply here for a spot at the CoCo Markets, Peoples Park!
The pilot initiative has an incubation period of 8 weeks for each food sector participant and it is an amazing opportunity for start up food producers/suppliers to develop their overall sales pitch of their products i.e. Marketing, Promotion, etc.
Applications for this pilot initiative are currently open.
More information availablehere
3. Safefood Workshops
The workshops are FREE but places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis. The workshops will take place in 11 locations across the island of Ireland.
These training workshops have been developed specifically for small and medium sized food businesses; providing practical advice on how to produce food safely.
The training workshops will cover areas such as:
- Do bacteria have a free travel pass in your facility?
- Food Hygiene Essentials: A clean regime
- Disease-causing Bacteria: What you need to know
- The Weakest Link: Supply chain and traceability
- Food Allergens in a nutshell
To register please click on your preferred location.
- Kilkenny | Tuesday 4 April, 5.00pm to 8.30pm | Newpark Hotel
- Wexford Town | Wednesday 5 April, 5.00pm to 8.30pm | Ferrycarrig Hotel
- Ennis | Wednesday 26 April, 5.00pm to 8.30pm | Treacys West County Hotel
- Tralee | Thursday 27 April, 5.00pm to 8.30pm | Manor West Hotel
- Donegal | Tuesday 9 May, 5.00pm to 8.30pm | Harvey's Point Hotel
- Westport | Wednesday 10 May, 5.00pm to 8.30pm | Wyatt Hotel
- Athenry | Thursday 11 May, 5.00pm to 8.30pm | Raheen Woods Hotel
- Skibbereen | Tuesday 30 May, 5.00pm to 8.30pm | West Cork Hotel
- Cork City | Wednesday 31 May, 5.00pm to 8.30pm | safefood, Little Island
- Navan | Tuesday 12 September, 5.00pm to 8.30pm | Newgrange Hotel
- Cookstown | Wednesday 13 September, 10.00am to 4.00pm | Innovation Centre, CAFRE
These training workshops are part of the safefood Knowledge Network programme of activities to enable professionals within the agri-food sector to meet new and emerging food safety challenges.