Local Enterprise Office Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown can accept applications for its financial supports from start-up or established businesses that fulfil the following criteria. This criteria applies to Feasibility Grants, Business Priming, Business Expansion & Export Development Grants.
The eligibility criteria for Retail Initiatives, Export Development Grants, Trading Online Vouchers, Microfinance Loans & Innovation Vouchers can be found on the web pages relating to these products.
Eligible Businesses Types
- A business located, registred and operating in Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County
- A business employing up to 10 employees
- A manufacturing or internationally traded services business
- A domestically traded services business that can demonstrate the potential to export
- The enterprise must be in the commercial sphere
- The enterprise must demonstrate a market for the product/service
- The enterprise must have a capacity for growth and new job creation
Additionally, we require that:-
- Adequate finance will be available to fund the project including its operating costs
- The promoters possess sufficient management and technical capacity to implement the proposed project
- The project complies with existing policies and permits, licences and authorisations required under any statute regulation or order having the force of law
Ineligible Businesses & Projects
- Retail outlets and professional services (including consultancies)
- Areas of enterprise which involve displacement of existing jobs or business: Builders, Hairdressers, Cafés, Pubs, Hotels, General Printers, Construction, Trades etc., would come within this category. Generally, where there are a large number of operators within a sector, the Local Enterprise Office has to have a regard to the implications of grant aiding one or some, possibly putting the others at a competitive disadvantage
- Conferences and Seminars
- Projects which are contrary to public policy
- Duplication of support for projects which would be eligible for assistance from other State Agencies or EU funded Operational Programmes
- Existing Firms which already have an established relationship with Enterprise Ireland or IDA. Please do not apply to the Local Enterprise Office if you have an existing application for the same project under consideration by Enterprise Ireland
- Projects involving primary agricultural production
- Projects with employees in excess of 10 people
- Mobile assets, i.e. cars, motor vans, laptops, mobile machinery etc.
- Where specific potential for job displacement exists (i.e. where a new business could only prosper by diverting sales, output, or employment away an existing local business(es) already providing essentially the same offering, thus placing existing jobs and the viability of the existing business(es) at risk);
- Projects deemed to be capable of proceeding in any event without LEO assistance i.e. deadweight
- Projects essentially comprising importation and distribution
- Own Labour Research costs
Important - January 2017
Depending on availability of financial resources, it may not always be possible to accept applications for Feasibility, Business Priming and Business Expansion funding. Any such constraints - if they arise - do not necessarily effect other financial supports listed on our website. To check availability throughout the year, please call (01) 204 7083.