Royal Marine Hotel, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
This half day morning workshop on Negotiating in Business is taking place on Wednesday 19th April 9.00am-1.00pm in the Royal Marine Hotel, Dún Laoghaire.
This event is no longer available
|Date:||Wednesday 19th April|
|Time:||9.00am - 1.00pm (Registration 8.45am)|
|Venue:||Royal Marine Hotel, Dún Laoghaire, Co. Dublin|
This workshop presents strategies for negotiating in business and daily situationss. It will also present strategies for gaining control in negotiation situations and effective methods of getting past obstacles. This workshop will explore various approaches to successfully closing a negotiation and provide a frameworks to strengthen negotiation skills and valuable tools and tactics for all stages of negotiation. Several everyday negotiation scenarios will be explored, with tips for effective practical negotiation techniques to apply to these situations.
During the workshop participants will:
- Learn to develop a plan for a negotiation incorporating methods to enable them to evaluate the opposition
- Learn the importance of the effective use of language, body language and props will be highlighted and put into practice
- Understand how to take advantage of timing in negotiations and realise the right questions to ask in progressing a negotiation.
This workshop will provide training across the following areas:
- Conducting the negotiation - a structured negotiation approach
- Identifying common types of negotiating and mastering power imbalance
- How to control emotions and re-actions in negotiation
- How to take advantage of timing and re-actions in negotiation
- How to build goodwill and develop consensus
- Bargaining effectively and securing power gain in a negotiation
Group work, individual tasks, simulation exercises and workbook exercises with a strong emphasis on practical application throughout. This course is extremely interactive providing participants with the opportunity to prepare and practice their skills which includes skills demonstration and role plays.
The workshop is being run by Optimum
Places are limited so early booking is advised.