Harbour View Business Centre, 7-9 Clarence Street, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
Start Your Own Business
Looking to Start Your Own Business but unsure of where to begin? Book a place on our 8 Week Course.
Starts Tuesday, 21st March 2017.
Harbour View Business Centre, Dun Laoghaire
This event is no longer available
Get Your Business Up & Running in 2017!
Are you looking to Start Your Own Business but are unsure of how and where to begin?
We've developed an 8 week evening programme for you. Under the guidance of a specialist training company, you will learn how to research your business idea, assess its commercial viability, pick an appropriate business structure, identify sources of funding and explore effective sales and marketing strategies.
All course content has been carefully chosen to support any new product or service-led business.
Class sizes are limited to 15 people to ensure maximize learning outcomes for participants.
This course runs from Tuesday, 21st March to Tuesday, 9th May 2017.
The venue is Harbour View Business Centre, 7-9 Clarence Street, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin.
(Included as part of the fee for this course is a 6 month membership of our START Network)
1 & 2
Tue, 21st March
Tue, 28th March
Project Presentations, Skills Identification &
- Participants describe their business ideas/concepts
- Participants identify the skills they can bring to their business through the employment, business and non-work activities and experiences
- Trainer talks through six Idea Generation techniques to the group and conducts a workshop, inviting all participants to contribute suggestions to each other's projects.Sessions
3, 4 & 5
Tue, 4th April
Tue, 11th April
Tue, 18th April
Business Plan Development, Sources of Finance
- Participants research and create their own business plan, featuring sections related to the Product/Service Offering; The Market; The Competition; Sales Forecasts; Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet & Cashflow Forecasts
- Trainer identifies sources of funding available to start-up microenterprises
- Small Business Book-Keeping overview
6 & 7
Tue, 25th April
Tue, 2nd May
Sales & Marketing
- Preparing to Sell
Knowing your product, business, competitors
- Sales Techniques
Closing the Sale
Tue, 9th May
The Irish Business Framework
- The Legal System
- HR & Employment Law
- Taxation [Registration & Returns]
- Health & Safety
* Please note that changes to the running order of these sessions may be made.
The training company running this course is Mentor Consultants & Training Services Limited
'Start Your Own Business' Course - How it is Delivered
This course features group work, individual tasks, presentations, Q&A and exercises. The priority is to equip participants with knowledge and skills which they can implement into their new businesses.
Book Your Place & Get Your Business Started...
The Course Fee is €150 per person and is payable prior to course commencement.
To Book & Pay for your place now, simply follow the 'Book Now' link at the top of this page.
If you need any assistance, please contact (01) 204 7083 or email@example.com