Exporting Marketing Grant for Micro Enterprise Sector
The Objective of this grant is to assist eligible businesses within the Micro Sector with exporting to new Markets.
The Export Marketing Grant can be used to part-fund the cost of Travel and Subsistence, Trade Fair Attendance/ Exhibiting, and the creation of marketing material specifically for overseas markets.
The Export Marketing Grant is confined to qualifying micro-enterprises i.e., commercial businesses employing at least one person on a full-time basis and not more than 10 employees) with a turnover of less than €1M.
Please note: Community groups, professional services, alternative therapies, hotels/guest houses, retail businesses and locally traded services are excluded from this scheme.
- • Grant Covers 50% of eligible costs to a maximum of €2,500
- • Applications must be made prior to any expenditure being incurred
- • Payments will be made to approved projects on receipt of proof of payment for all qualifying and approved expenses.
How do I apply for the Export Marketing Grant?
Download the Export Marketing Grant Application
Projects eligible for support include:
- Businesses engaged in manufacturing
- Internationally trade services
- Innovation projects
- Companies seeking financial support must be located in county Kildare and have less than 10 employees
- Be in a commercial sphere
- Be capable of attaining economic viability
- Demonstrate a market for their proposed product/service
- Have the necessary management and technical skills
- Have capacity for growth and job creation
- Not have received any funding for this proposal from any other source
- Quotations will be required to accompany each application and please allow 6 weeks for processing.
Download A Step by Step Guide for Exporting
Trade Show Grant
The Local Enterprise Office Kildare offers a small grant to help small businesses with the cost of attending a national or international trade fair. The grant is for up to 50% of the cost (up to a maximum of €1,000).
If you are a small business with less than 10 employees and are planning to exhibit at an upcoming trade fair then this initiative from the Local Enterprise Office Kildare could be of real help to you.
How does it work?
This scheme will make provision for financial assistance, up to €1,000 or 50% of the actual cost of providing the stand, whichever is the lesser.
The above limit will apply to each grantee on an annual basis (i.e. no applicant may receive more than €1,000 in any one year).
Download the Trade Show Application Form
Standard/ Minimum Conditions
1. The applicant must provide full details of the show/exhibition and justification as to why they should exhibit (attend – overseas trade fair/exhibitions only) together with supporting documentation i.e., detailed costing of stand etc.
2. The approval of the Evaluation Committee must be obtained before the date of the actual show/exhibition. Financial support shall not be provided retrospectively and expenditure incurred prior to date of approval is ineligible for grant aid purposes.
3. The applicant will expend an amount net of VAT on taking a stand at an approved show as detailed in the Letter of Offer and Schedule of Investment. Only direct costs associated with renting space, a stand or other direct costs from the Trade Fair/Exhibition organisers are eligible.
Note: The following is ineligible for funding - own labour, travel, subsistence.
For overseas Trade Fairs/Exhibitions only, the applicant can apply for costs associated with attending or exhibiting – eligible costs can include exhibition/stand costs, entrance fees, air fares/ferry costs and overnight accommodation if applicable.
4. The grant offer is conditional on the applicant being willing to give their tax number or a current tax clearance certificate and complying with all the stipulations of circular F49/13/87 as to the tax affairs of recipients of state grants.
5. The grantee shall submit evidence of exhibiting at the approved show together with vouched expenditure, duly receipted. Original invoices accompanied by proof of payment should be submitted with the claim.
6. This claim should be accompanied by a detailed report on the exhibition and an overall evaluation as to the benefit of exhibiting.
7. Qualifying Trade Fairs/Exhibitions will exclude shopping centres, local craft fairs/shows/exhibitions. Irish Trade Fairs/Exhibitions outside of County Kildare and eligible International Trade Fairs / Exhibitions are covered by this scheme.