Jobs Plus Employer Incentive Scheme
JobsPlus is a new employer incentive from the Department of Social Protection which encourages and rewards employers who offer employment opportunities to the long term unemployed. The incentive will take the form of a cash 'grant' payable monthly in arrears via Electronic Funds Transfer over a two year period provided, that the recruit in respect of whom the incentive is being paid remains in employment with the employer concerned.
The incentive is targeted at the more long term unemployed and is set at two levels:-
- In respect of recruits unemployed for more than 12 months but less than 24 months - €7,500.
- In respect of recruits unemployed for more than 24 months: €10,000.
The main eligibility criteria are:-
- Jobs must be full-time employments of over 30 hours per week, spanning at least four days per week.
- Employers must be compliant with Irish Tax and Employment Laws
- Eligible jobs must not displace any other employee.
Employers can register on http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/jobsplus.aspx become an eligible employer under the JobsPlus Incentive Scheme. An employer will also be able to instruct a potential employee to apply on-line at to verify their status as an eligible employee under the scheme