Priming support is a business start-up grant to help fund the cost of starting a small business in South Dublin. It is for new businesses within the first 18 months after start up. Business Expansion support ( also referred to as Business Development support) is for businesses established and trading for more than 18 months. The Local Enterprise Office support in each project is strictly limited by the amount of eligible expenditure incurred ( max 50%).
The overall maximum support is €80,000. In general the level of funding will also relate to the level of employment provided in the short to medium term at an indicative rate of €8000 per new job created. Eligible costs are:
- Capital Items - equipment, fittings, hardware & software. Mobile assets are excluded ( cars, vans, mobile phones)
- Salary costs - for the first year of employment
- Rental / Accomodation costs - where the cost is not already subsidised through State investment in the premises
- Utility Set-Up costs - such as installation of power, phone and broadband
- Marketing costs - including packaging design, brochures, trade fairs, websites and the adaption of these for export markets
- Consultancy costs such as design fees, legal costs, accountancy, legal and architects fees
- Business specific training - specialised training for management and key personnel that is necessary for the development of the business and not generally available from South Dublin LEO.
Normally one third of Priming Support and two thirds of Business Expansion support is refundable to the Local Enterprise Office. The remainder is given as a non - refundable grant. Repayments begin after one year and continue quarterly over the following four years
To qualify for any of these funding supports, all projects must have the potential to be commercially viable within a reasonable timeframe, employ 10 or less and must be located within South Dublin County. Priority is given to manufacturing and internationally traded service projects ( for details download ITS).
Projects in the following sectors cannot be supported financially:
- Professional services
- Construction & Allied Trades
- Retailing & Distribution
- Printing & Publishing
- Alternative Therapies & Complimentary Medicine
However non - financial supports are available to businesses in these sectors.
How to Apply
It is important to contact a business advisor for guidance before you submit your application form. Telephone 414 9000 for more information.
Download and complete Application Form for Business Expansion Grant (PDF)
Access and complete online Application Form for Business Expansion Grant (e-form)
Download and complete Application Form for Priming Grant (PDF)
Access and complete online Application Form for Priming Grant (e-form)
Please note that a comprehensive and up to date business plan is required with each funding application. Click here to download the Business Plan Guide & Template.
Applications should be typed and submitted with supporting documentation as follows: one copy by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and a hard copy delivered/posted to our office.
It is necessary to meet with a business advisor following submission of your application. Once the application is considered to meet all the application criteria, it will be considered at the next meeting of our Evaluation and Approvals Committee.
Draw down of funding
Information will be provided on the draw down process at the time of accepting the offer of funding.
Clients are strongly encouraged to participate in the various business and management skills development offered by the Local Enterprise Office including the Mentor Programme